“I may have all the faith needed to move mountains—but if I have no love, I am nothing” (1 Corinthians 13:2 GNT)
There is simply something special about the gift of giving……
- Have you ever experienced it?
You know what I’m talking about,……..
- …..that warm, happy feeling that you get from knowing that you just made a difference in someone else’s life!
The beauty of giving, is that it can come in any form…….
- It’s the thought that counts!
I have learned though, that the best gift to give and receive is the gift of time…..
- Life’s most valuable commodity in my opinion!
Sadly however, we seem to have lost our way……
- And found ourselves in the ‘Land of I’!
- and its derivative the ‘Land of Me’!
In the ‘Lands of I & Me’……..
We have panic attacks over cell phones that we happened to forget at home on our way to work one day!
- Know what that means?
- ……..Fear of being out of mobile phone contact!
Am I just old, or do you also remember the days when we ‘just knew’ the phone numbers and birthdays of the people that we said we cared about?
- Remember when, we could actually recite the phone numbers of the people that we assigned as our emergency contact…….during an emergency!
- …….We didn’t need our electronics to verify the phone number of our ‘Honey of 20 years’ back then, did we?
If ‘Caller ID’ doesn’t flash across our phone screens, we end up re-naming Peter, Paul!
BUT WORSE STILL…..
- Our phones know us better than our presumed loved ones!
- Technology is nice….. BUT we cannot let technology rule!
- Technology is NOT contributing to very many happy people either!
- We’ve lost our joy to the world!
- Let us take charge!
- Let us re-introduce pure unconditional love to the world once again…….starting with one another!
- Let us trust that someone else loves us enough to pray for us.
- God knows what we need anyway……..
- and HE has someone else praying for us, so let’s not waste our prayers on ourselves, shall we?
Then, when Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his wealth and happiness! In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before! – Job 42:10 TLB
- Let’s pray for the hurting………..
- and God HIMSELF will reward us…..
“The Lord is close to those who have suffered disappointment. He saves those who are discouraged…” (Psalm 34:18 ERV)
Peace & Love,