So, ………..what are you waiting for?
- If you need more, ask for more!
Even though Christ came to give us abundant lives, we still have to ask HIM for what we need……. according to HIS Will.
- Would you stuff a loaf of bread down the throat of someone who didn’t ask for it?
- How would you know that they were hungry if they didn’t tell you?
- I mean, you could assume that they were hungry, but you wouldn’t know for sure unless they told you!
- So by you giving them something that you thought they needed, but they didn’t think they needed would lead to waste.
- Because it’s a 2 way street…..they need to know that they need it hence ask for it, and you need to know that they need it, so give it freely.
You see how that works?
In the same way…….
Although Christ is all knowing, HE still expects you to ask for what you need according to HIS Will because basic human nature dictates that we become wasteful when we are given more than we need.
Do not to become discouraged if HE doesn’t give you what you think you need right away.
- When you were a child, and you wanted something for Christmas, didn’t you ‘bug’ your parents all year long for it?
- Or did you just stop asking after the first time?
In the same way Our Heavenly Father tells us to…
“Continue to ask, and God will give to you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will open for you. 8 Yes, whoever continues to ask will receive. Whoever continues to look will find. And whoever continues to knock will have the door opened for them.…..” (Matthew 7:7-8 ERV)
And after you ask, Trust HIM because HE knows best!
- If your 6 year old begged for your car keys in order to take your car for ‘a spin’, would you give it to him or her?
- To put it nicely, it would not be in their best interest, maybe?
In the same way……
- Just because you keep on asking God for something, doesn’t mean that what you are asking for is good for you!
Our Heavenly Father puts it this way…..
“Do any of you have a son? If he asked for bread, would you give him a rock? Or if he asked for a fish, would you give him a snake? Of course not! You people are so bad, but you still know how to give good things to your children. So surely your Heavenly Father will give good things to those who ask him….” (Matthew 7: 9-11 ERV)
As a child of the Most High King, enjoy your privileges……
‘The world is your oyster! ……so just ask!